The approaching Mother's Day of course has me thinking of my mom. The longer I'm a mom, the more I appreciate everything she did. I can only imagine how appreciative I will be by the time Jacob hits the teen years. There are so many "mom questions" I wish I could ask her ...how did you do this? did I do that also? But mostly, I just wish she could meet and spend time with Jacob. She would just love how silly and cuddly he can be, I just know he gets some of his silliness from her. I am so thankful that he has Grandma Judy and Trish to spoil him, he is quite the ladies man!
If she were here today I would tell her thank you. Thank you for driving me to all those soccer practices, thank you for always preparing a beautiful home for us after each move we went through - what hard work that must have been, thank you for teaching me that somebody else's trash IS my treasure, thank you for always having dinner on the table - and sorry if I complained about the onions, thank you for helping my introvert ways by making me join things - I'm still quite the joiner, thank you for helping me meet my BFF Michelle Apostolico - we still talk twenty something years later - thank you for teaching me that it's okay to go against the tide, or at least not always go with it - thank you for being from a small coal town in Pennsylvania, I love that I have those values instilled in me - thank you for teaching me to give certain things/people the bird, because just saying "F it" really is the best answer sometimes, thank you for sleeping on the floor to keep an eye on me when Montezuma had his revenge - thank you for sleeping on the floor the first night I stayed in my dorm room at Tech, thank you for teaching me how to buy things for the house without your husband noticing, although I have yet to be successful - thank you for marrying my dad, the twenty-five year old you was right when you thought he would make a great dad, thank you for my brother and sister - how else would I know how to argue? Thank you for teaching me to have pride in my home, although I don't vacuum quite as much as you did, Thank you for understanding my lack of gratitude before I was a mom, Thank you for making biscuits and gravy on game days - mmmm, miss them - Thank you for telling me that anyone that made fun of my red hair was just jealous of it's uniqueness, I'll probably tell Jacob the same thing - Thank you for leaving this Earth a better place, and for keeping your faith - Thank you for being the tree that this apple did not fall far from!
7 comments:
I am speechless. What an amazing post. I know your Mom is so proud of you!
That is such a sweet post. I am quite sure your mom was amazing because she raised an amazing daughter who is now an amazing mother herself. :)
Ah, well thanks ladies!!
That is wonderful, The other girls are right. You are fantastic with Jacob, and such a good mother. You had a great example, and she would be proud!
OMG....this totally made me cry because I remember many of the things you talked about...those biscuits and gravy were the best by the way and no matter what I do I can't make them like she does and I try often. Your mom was the greatest and I know she is proud of you. You are a reflection of her in many ways and although Jacob wont have the opportunity to meet her, he will know her through you. Love you and Happy Mother's Day!
Gosh what sweet comments, thanks again. Michelle - I do not know how she did the biscuits and gravy either, drives me crazy!
Amen! Beautiful!
Post a Comment