Thursday, July 23, 2009

Confessions of a Stay-at-Home-Mom

My sweet, "just eat him up" adorable 20-month old has his first cuss word. Jason and I spent a few days blaming each other, because it is not a phrase either of us nor Elmo say. But, if he falls or drops something .... there it is - a very crisp, clear and intentional "oh sh*t." My baby boy, already a potty mouth!

But never fear, I caught myself saying "oh shoot" today and am pretty sure that's what he's trying to say. I must say it a lot ..... so, my new "dangit" word is going to be "blueberries."

6 comments:

Amy said...

I think that is pretty funny. I'm pretty sure D will be saying sh*t in no time and it will probably be my fault.

Katie E said...

I hear ya .... secretly I do not know if he is saying "oh shoot", but that's what I'm going with!

Meggan and Trent said...

Hilarious!

shelle said...

sorry about that...he could have totally picked that up from my kids (not that I let them cuss, but sometimes tmy italian just comes out without thinking while they are around!) At least you can semi-justify it by him trying to say "shoot". Vanna's first incident involved "Daddy I'm gonna kick your azzz!!!" Not too much you can do with that one =)

Katie E said...

LOL, that's pretty funny. It's BAD right now .... he'll say it over and over, it's kind of hard not to laugh. I had him at a church today and he said it on our way out ... I was looking around to make sure nobody heard!

The Hake Family said...

I would like to say there was money wagered that my kid would curse first - woo hoo! : )