Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who is Jacob?

Jacob in the backyard wearing an adorable onesie/top that his Mi-mi and Grandpa got him for Christmas .... it has elk on it. Look at that tummy .... all round and yummy!


I've been realizing that while I remember what milestones, cute things, etc. Jacob's done over the last 13.5 months, I don't remember when. I haven't been great about documenting the little things that make Jacob ..... Jacob. So in case I start to ever forget the what's ...... I figure I should do an entry on the going's of Jacob.


His Interests:


He loves the outside (like his daddy). If Oreo barks to go out, he runs to the door because he knows that door will be opened and there's a chance he can escape to the great outdoors! He loves to kick up the leaves and listen to the noise, and getting dirty is a bonus. There's a park that we now frequent. He picks up the mulch and walks around with it. It's all encaged, so mommy really likes this place. She gets a breather. He still loves books. He'll grab one and hand it to me and sit in my lap. I can't resist not reading it to him, even though we've usually already read the same book eight times that day. He is going/went through a phase where no new books were acceptable, only his old ones. He'd slam the new book shut and get up. So I joined the local library and plan to expose him to new books every week or so. He loves to turn the pages and when I say "all done" he closes the book very dramatically. His Tricks: He gives Oreo kisses. Sometimes he will touch his nose when asked .... sometimes. If we say "so big" he'll put his arms up in the air. Gives fives. Quite the little dancer. Peek-a-boo. Likes to make indian noises by covering his mouth. He growls every time he sees the vacuum. Every. Time. Likes to chase mommy when she is vacuuming.


Loves Elmo. We don't watch it much but if I say "Elmo" he runs to the TV. We do paddy cake and itsy bitsy spider (mommy had to look the words up on the Internet though). He has always loved bath time, lucky for us. Current favorite toys are the swiffer mop and a Little People that his grandparent's got him for Christmas. He does seem to enjoy kicking things .... and I swear I have not pushed it (okay, maybe a little bit) -- but can I help it if he is a natural?


Random Stuff:


He tends to think hearing "no" is the start of a game mommy or daddy is trying to play - we're working on that. Loves to explore, loves new places. A very curious boy. His current words are da-da, yum yum and wow. He might possibly also say hi and yeah (as in yes) -- but we're really not sure - hard to tell. He's taking his own time on talking. No ma-ma yet, but I read that it is more difficult for them to say than da-da .... so I guess I'll let Jason have this one! He's a pretty good eater, not too picky. Our biggest enemy is vegetables. Takes after mom and dad. Definitely a "child proofing" kid. No doubt about it. He is so sweet natured and very happy. There is usually a smile planted on his face. He is always "casing" the house. When I bring him downstairs for breakfast he multi-tasks and checks to see if the laundry room door is closed (so he can attack Oreo's food dishes), checks to see if mommy completely closed the gate to the stairs (loves to climb up them), checks to see if the pantry door is closed (loves to dig through the trash), checks if the powder bathroom is open or shut (loves to unroll the toilet paper or stick his hand in the toilet) and finally .... checks to see if mom and dad's room is open because that's just a Bermuda Triangle of fun.


Do you feel like you know Jacob better?? I can't put this beautiful being into words, but he's mommy and daddy's pride and joy. Truly unique - and I hope he stays that way!

No comments: